What an amazing weekend and weren’t we lucky with the weather!
Well, you may have seen most of this on our social media platforms already, but I thought it would be worth sharing some pictures with you to let those who couldn’t make it see exactly what they missed out on!
Yes, a few days delayed but after organising an event of this scale, I had my own hangover to nurse better but unfortunately it wasn’t beer related, sadly.
To those that came along and enjoyed the day, thank you for coming, we had over 500 people turn up to this event and at one point we had to even close the doors to walk-ins for a while, however well worth it as it meant there was more beer for those who had already pre-booked tickets!
The team that organised this event has received excellent feedback and it seems you have told us that you are seeing us next year so that can really only mean one thing….start planning 2024..and possibly watch this space for an OktoberFest!!… just make sure you order your tickets well ahead of the event next time so we can order more beer.
I have a few thank yous,…I really hope I haven’t left anyone out but message me if I have as to be honest, there are so many people involved in organising an event of this scale.
So here goes…
- Firstly our volunteers, who poured endless pints, cleaned up and provided excellent service and support. You were all absolute troopers and whom have already signed up for next years’ event too, you guys were amazing!
- Jane and her team from the The Butley Oyster, who closed their own doors to come and support the event over the weekend. What an outstanding self-sacrifice to support our club..we love you! (Charlie was pretty awesome by the way!)
- Tracey and her bar staff team, you ladies worked your socks off…
- Our Entertainers, Charlie Law, Steve Boyce, Eliza Gold, The Flaming Cheek and to the rest of the Open Mic Session entertainers – OMG you all raised the roof on both sessions and the crowd were dancing and joining in all the time.
- Paul & Tom – For the delicious burgers and bangers, you boys were amazing on the Saturday session.
- East Anglian Catering – Your Team were equal to the food you served. Simply, the best, those loaded fries or posh chips…depending on how you word it were just the tonic to soak up the beer, the hotdogs were outstanding!
- Chrissie who organised the kid’s games and tombola over the Saturday session to make it enjoyable for all those families who attended.
- Tim at Green Jack and our other breweries, this was our first event of this scale, the set up was so good, although the beer though was slightly better….but I’m sure even you guys would allow that. Also Jonno & Tom, chief beer tappers and expert tasters, thanks for leaving us with some beer to drink!
- Silver Hart Photography – You can cerainly see the differences of the images we took v’s theirs…..expert level!
- Fishers Gin for providing the Gin and Rum bar…plus a few extras.
- Johnathon Brooks – For organising the Sekford Sheild tournament.
- Finally our sponsors, without your support we would have never got this event off the ground, we are extremely grateful for your donations. For a list of our sponsors please see our sponsors page here, this include our VP sponsors too…To whom we are very grateful for you sponsoring a firkin and raising funds for our club with every beer purchased.
Oh, Jo (and the Beer Festival Team) for the hours of planning (and beer tasting). You delivered an amazing event for the people of Woodbridge and Suffolk. This event is now a regular fixture on the Suffolk calendar and something that Woodbridge Rugby Club is very proud to host!