They say that if you’re new in an area and want to quickly make friends and become a part of the community then join a rugby club. Woodbridge Rugby Club is living proof that this statement is true.
We may bang on about it but we are committed to providing fun and exercise as well as the Rugby Football Union’s core values of teamwork, respect, enjoyment, discipline and sportsmanship. This can be by playing or watching the finest sport in the world – but let’s not get evangelical. We reach out to all members of the community and encourage, at all levels, newcomers of all genders, shapes, sizes and fitness levels to come and try the sport and our Club.
So how do you try it with a view to joining?
- Look at this site and see where you might best fit – this includes non-playing Vice President membership too
- See when training or the next social is and come along, or if it’s off-season, see if there are any socials, touch rugby you could go to. If you have a youngster who is interested in trying rugby then pop along any Sunday morning at 10am during the season (see the Youth Fixtures page for dates) meet our Coaches and have a go! You do not have to subscribe until you’re happy. There are special Registration sessions during the first three Sundays of a new Season.
- If what you see, try and sample is agreeable to you then download and complete one of the forms below and send it to us
Only when you are happy do we ask for the following subs: –
|Paid in Full up to 30th Sept 2023
(Discount Applied at checkout on GMS)
|From 1st Oct 2023|
|PAYG per match**||£10||£10|
|SENIOR WOMEN/ WHEELCHAIR WARRIORS|
|PAYG per match**||£10||£10|
|U6 & U12-U18 Girls||£50||£50|
|ASSOCIATE SOCIAL MEMBER **|
* Must be approved by Club Management Committee
* * Not eligible for International Tickets
You can join by applying on the RFU site https://gms.rfu.com/GMS/Dashboard/Organisation/1908
PLEASE NOTE MEMBERSHIP IS PAYABLE OVER THE FULL 12 MONTHS
Junior Section membership – Youth Registration usually starts in early September.
If previosuly registered, check your inbox or spam folder, for an email from the RFU inviting you to login to the Rugby Football Union’s Game Management System (GMS).
Please click on the link in the email, which will take you to the login page. Your username will be pre-populated, just click on ‘Forgot Password’ to set yourself a password.
Please check your details are all correct. You will have received an email for each individual member of the club.
It is important that you do this, as how we register Age Grade players is changing.
From 2nd September, you will be asked to check yours and your child/children’s details are correct. You will also be asked to purchase your child/children’s membership via GMS. This can be done by Direct Debit, one off-payment by card or cash via your GMS account.
On Registration Sundays there will be lots of folks available to help if you have any questions of difficulties.
In the meantime, if you are new to the Club and wish to register your child OR express an interest in registering your child, please follow this link: youthregistration
If you are already registered and have any difficulties, please get in touch with Claire Cole, at juniorchair@woodbridgerugby.
Everything we do is only possible through all our members contributing some of their time (a few hours each season) to help out.