Woodbridge Rugby Union Football Club Social Media Co-ordinator – Job Description
The ideal candidate will understand the club and community ethos of Woodbridge Rugby Club, and be able to convey the spirit of friendliness, inclusion and good fun in all social media posts and communication. The successful candidate will demonstrate fundamental competencies in all modern social media platforms whilst possessing the energy and enthusiasm to contribute regular updates via all available club outlets.
Main purpose of the role
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for the clubs ‘Online’ presence, with the aim of keeping the club’s players, members, friends and supporters up to date with news, results, training plans, development projects, and any other information deemed necessary. Whilst the role is part-time in nature, it will often require updates to be communicated at unsociable times (e.g. Weekend results) although this aspect is not expected to be onerous and time-consuming.
Key aspects of the role
- Must have a thorough understanding of social media management
- Developing social media content which is consistent with the club’s identity, ethos and spirit
- Promoting and upholding the club and it’s values to all subscribers
- Creating and exposing consistent, meaningful content on all social media platforms including writing and editing posts and managing social media campaigns
- Managing the online dissemination of information on a regular basis; creating, replying and interacting to posts as a representative and on behalf of the club
- Fundamental competence to accomplish these objectives through use of contemporary social media platforms, including but not necessarily limited to:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Providing regular updates to the management committee regarding social media performance
- Use of analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Facebook Insights to monitor and evaluate the clubs social media presence and performance
- Suggestions and recommendations to adjust the club’s social media strategy for optimal results
- Staying up to date on best practice and emerging technology and trends
- Co-operation and interaction with local/national media outlets, at the discretion of club management
- The Social Media Coordinator will ultimately report to the Chairman through the Management Committee and/or Sub-committee as deemed necessary by club management.
- Expected to make regular written and verbal representation at committee meetings and to provide regular reporting of area of responsibility.