Hatchley Barn was once again very busy on Sunday morning/lunch time for what was the last training session of the season for the Minis and Juniors.
The U7’s made the most of the day with both children and parents dressing up as super heroes and having a great time, although the outfit wore by Coach Ben does bring some disrepute however very funny!
It’s been a fantastic season for everyone involved in this section of the club. Our players have performed extremely well at all the festivals attended, trained hard during the season and with many of the older children going on tour, we have been proud to see them returning back to the barn with silverware in hand.
Sunday was also awards day for the players and it’s fair to state that there were so many awards to be handed out! With squads covering U6s-U14s, we have been pleased to see so much growth and potential achieved for every player and without doubt, every child was worthy of the medal given out.
The coaching team handed out awards dedicated to the most improved player of the season, the player’s player of the season and for the older groups even the Parent’s Player of the season. Dedicating each award came with great difficulty as these could have easily been given to multiple players for each team, but it just shows what a great bunch of players we have in our squad and an amazing talent pool to call upon in the future.
We have been graced with the presence of so many Mini and Junior players this season and without the support of our coaching and facilities teams, none of this would be possible. Also, the support given by Woodbridge School as our sponsor is gratefully received as this allows us to invest in the facilities and provision for our Minis and Juniors players.
As at many end-of-seasons, it is sometimes bring great sadness as some of the coaches and backroom staff decide to hang up their boots. However, this does allow others to step up to the challenge for the following season!
This season we say goodbye to the following: (Although we’re sure they will still be helping out in some capacity)
- Daniel Clementson – U6’s. A lot of patience is required for coaching players of this age and Daniel’s displayed the one of the friendliest faces to support the induction of the newest players to the club.
- Matt Cobbold – U8’s. Matt’s provided solid leadership to our club and has instilled a level of readiness to all the players as they now progress towards contact play.
- Ian Bowley from the U9’s, who has been an amazing and well-loved coach, the team have come on leaps and bounds this season and they have almost been unbeatable at festivals under his guidance and tuition.
So, to leave this on a positive note we have the following thank yous:
- Jenny and the catering team…the coffee/teas and breakfast baps have provided warm sustenance on the coldest of days!
- To the Parents and Guardians who have tirelessly been taxi driver, chief supporter, kit cleaner, stand in coach and general dogs’ body who have stood on the side line in all weathers.
- Our Junior Chair for co-ordinating and making all this happen.
Finally, to all the Minis and Junior players at our club, you have all been outstanding, awesome, wonderful and the best! The coaching staff, the parents and the leadership team at our club are all very proud of you.
Train hard during the summer, we look forward to welcoming you back at the Barn next season.