Please pass this from Ross Cowie to all managers / coaches of the teams attending from your club
- I still need 2 volunteers to act as pitch marshals, and
- I am short of 3 REFEREES – there are several clubs with more than 3 sides entered, but where there is no referee volunteer.
- Could those clubs, and any others please rustle up a ref or two, please – and let me know. (Whoever referees will find it difficult to coach – it is very difficult to plan ref schedules around “other” games)
We have a slightly smaller entry – 38 sides – See below for the number of entries by club by age group.
The U13s & U15s will take place in the morning, with U14s & U16s in the afternoon, in order to (significantly) reduce the length of the day for competitors – but this will mean many sides will play games “on the bounce” – please be prepared.
There are no semi-finals or finals this year (again reducing the amount of “hanging around”) – each side will play 4 games – please note this year that games are 9 minutes each way.
We had planned to run pool competitions at 2 standards, a “Trophy” competition for the stronger clubs and first teams, and a “Club” competition for the remainder – in order for more meaningful competition, and to try to avoid mis-matches but because of the lower entry numbers this year, this is not quite possible. Each team will be allocated to the relevant standard, but where necessary, we will run the competition on a conference system (a bit complicated) – so teams should expect to play the odd game against a team in the other standard.
I will be going to work tonight to put together a complicated and complex plan for the day’s schedule of rugby. I will not be best pleased if I have to re-do it !! At present, there will be around 76 games
Please can all clubs / coaches / players realize that the playing schedule is hugely complex – all that I ask is that you take what is given, no complaining, and ensure that your squad is on the allocated pitch in good time, and enjoy yourselves –there is No Slack in the running order
A number of you have asked for details about timings etc so :
U13s & U15s Register at 9.00, please at the caravan in the centre of the pitches
U13s & U15s Rugby starts at 10.00
U13s & U15s Expected to be around 1.15
U14s & U16s Register at 12.15
U14s & U16s Rugby starts around 1.15
U14s & U16s Finals are expected to be around 4.30
- Running Order must be like clockwork – managers / coaches to ensure teams pitch side and ready to start on time
- Bring spare strip or bibs(very important), in case of colour clashes, particularly those who play in black***
- Physios & EMTs in attendance
- Bacon Butties + Barbecue organized by RHS
- Parking on the School’s Parade Ground – please follow Marshalls
- Please enter RHS from the Brantham / Stutton end (not the Shotley end)
- I don’t plan to be too “heavy” on administration, so I am not looking for registration forms, but I need each Youth Chairman to confirm that each squad contains bone fide members of their club, and that there are no overage players. Where a club is entering more than one squad at an age group, no switching between squads and indeed no switching between age groups – best to say a player can only represent one squad during the day.
- Changing facilities are very, very limited, so could you please ask all players to come changed, and don’t worry about “number ones” for afterwards.
- No Barbecues – we are on private property
- And could all parents please respect RFU CORE VALUES–any abuse of a referee or a spectator entering a pitch will result in immediate expulsion
- Clubs must take responsibility for their parents behaviour